Foreign citizens are required to adhere to general epidemiological measures during their stay in the Republic of Croatia, as follows:
- During the first 14 days following the entry into the Republic of Croatia, leaving the accommodation/vessel is limited only to absolutely necessary situations, carrying out the enhanced ongoing implementation of hygienic measures.
- When leaving the accommodation for necessary purposes, it is recommended to wear a mask or a covering for the nose and mouth, to keep a physical distance from others (minimum 1,5 meters) and to practice good hand hygiene.
- Wash your hands as often as possible using warm water and soap and/or use a hand sanitizer rubbing it well over the surface of your palms. Avoid touching your face, mouth, nose and eyes.
- Avoid using public transport. When using the means of transport, it is recommended to use it alone or to share it only with the persons from the same household/accommodation.
- Crowded areas and public gatherings should be consistently avoided.
- During their stay in the accommodation/on board the vessel, the persons concerned prepare meals themselves, ie use food and beverage delivery services.
- Payments are made by using non-cash card payments or online services.
- Body temperature should be measured every morning. If it exceeds 37,2 degrees, it should be taken again after 10 minutes and if the temperature again exceeds 37,2 degrees, the person should stay in the accommodation/on board the vessel and contact the chosen general practitioner, if any (Croatian nationals), or a competent local epidemiologist.
- In case of any symptoms of acute respiratory infection (cough, sore throat, high temperature, short breath/difficulty in breathing, loss of smell and taste), it is necessary to stay in your accommodation/on board the vessel and contact the chosen general practitioner, if any (Croatian nationals), or a competent local epidemiologist.
- In case of sudden onset or severe, life-threatening symptoms, the person should contact the emergency medical services.
- Foreign citizens can be assisted by marina staff when contacting the epidemiological services.
- During their stay at the marinas, the boat owners are required to adhere to the specific epidemiological measures related to the stay at the marinas and referring to the interaction with marina staff, visits to the front-desk of the marina, the use of toilets, the use of supplementary services of the marina and movements at the marinas in general (marinas are required to officially publish the instructions and recommendations on their websites and display them at visible locations within the marina itself).
- Self-isolation or quarantine upon arrival in the Republic of Croatia is NOT mandatory for foreign nationals.
SYMPTOMS OF THE DISEASE CAUSED BY THE CORONAVIRUS COVID-19
If upon crossing the border of the Republic of Croatia, the person develops the symptoms of the disease, he/she shall remain in the accommodation/on board the vessel and call a competent local epidemiologist or marina staff who shall inform the competent local epidemiologist thereof.
Croatian and foreign citizens can request additional information and clarifications at Info Number 112 or 113.
Telephone numbers of epidemiologists on standby:
- Emergency medical service | 112
- COVID-19 Call Center | 113
- Institute for Public Health of Split - Dalmatia County | +385911512003
ENTRY INTO THE REPUBLIC OF CROATIA OF PERSONS WITH SIGNS OF DISEASE
Persons having symptoms of the disease caused by the virus COVID-19 are not recommended to enter into the Republic of Croatia.
In the circumstances caused by the COVID-19 epidemic, it is of the utmost importance for us to protect the health of the boat owners and their guests, as well as of the marina employees and all other visitors, while providing reliable services to all the clients of our marinas at the same time. Therefore, we kindly ask you to adhere to all the prescribed measures, instructions and recommendations during your stay at the marinas. For any further question, please feel free to contact the marina staff by phone or e-mail.